Our Top 10 Holiday Gift Guides
By Charlie Laughtland
BDA blog editor
Being a company that’s dialed in to emerging retail, product and technology trends really pays off during the holiday shopping season.
We’re authorities on gift-giving.
Whether it’s putting together themed gift baskets, presenting ideas for high-end executive gifts or managing a Fortune 500 organization’s entire holiday gifting program, BDA knows how to make the season bright.
Here’s a few ways companies can spread the holiday cheer:
- Tech Toys – Just how popular are tablets and eReaders? On Black Friday, Apple recorded its best day of sales ever and Amazon.com quadrupled the number of Kindle devices sold the day after Thanksgiving a year earlier.
- Support a Cause – For businesses that can’t accept gifts, “A donation has been made in your name” might be a solution. Companies can choose a charity that impacts their community or ties to their core values.
- For the Foodie – Artisan chocolates, sea salts from around the world, designer olive oils, wine and microbrews are always well received. Toss in a cookbook with a handwritten note.
- Experiential Gifts – Plan an interactive dining event with a local chef, a private winery tour, a day of flight lessons or a golf clinic with a pro.
- Think Green – Replace the Styrofoam peanuts with sustainable packaging materials. Stick with brown corrugated cardboard boxes.
This time of year, our product developers are constantly scouring magazines, blogs and websites for ideas. Check out their Top 10 Holiday Gift Guides:
- Oprah – She vacated her seat as the queen of daytime, but Oprah’s “Favorite Things” live on.
- Ellen – Tune in for Ellen’s “12 Day of Giveaways” extravaganza!
- Toys R Us – Wondering which toys are bestsellers? Browse the 20 most-searched-for items on toysrus.com.
- Target – A handy “Christmas Dashboard” helps with decorating and entertaining as well as shopping. Scan the “Get List” for top picks.
- Real Simple – Truly imaginative gift ideas for kids and teens.
- In Style – There’s more than 180 gifts to see, but our favorite finds are in the “Under $50” and “Stocking Stuffers” sections.
- Esquire – Fun categories like "The Top Presents of All Time,” “The Most Stylish Gifts Money Can Buy,” “The 25 Most Stylish Gifts Under $100” and “Gifts Under $25 That Don't Suck.”
- Engadget – For all your tech accessory and gaming needs.
- Gizmodo – Chic gifts for design junkies. Fresh content posted every day, up to the last minute!
- Refinery29 – Where style and gadgetry converge.
Happy holidays and happy hunting!